Medical graduates who wish to pursue their postgraduate courses are required to fulfil NEET PG 2020 eligibility criteria. National Board of Education (NBE) will release its information brochure in the first week of November and all the details like eligibility criteria, important dates, guidelines, marking scheme, exam pattern etc.will be explained in it. The eligibility criteria for NEET PG includes all important criterias that candidates should fulfil, like ade, qualification, nationality, domicile, etc.
- The points given below mention NEET PG 2020 eligibility criteria which is common for all candidates irrespective of category, nationality, domicile, etc.
- Qualification – Medical graduates are required to possess Indian Medical Council Act 1956 recognised MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate.
- Certificate of Registration – Candidates are required to mandatorily have permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification which is to be issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC).
- Internship – As per the eligibility criteria of NEET PG candidate must complete their one year internship on or before March 31, 2020.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2020 – AIQ 50% seats
- Mentioned-below is the criteria that has to be fulfilled by candidates in order to be eligible for AIQ 50% seats.
- In accordance with NEET PG 2020 eligibility criteria, medical graduates belonging from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for AIQ 50% seats.
- Only those candidates from J&K who have been nominated by the Government of India, under central pool seats, for pursuing MBBS from medical colleges in Jammu & Kashmir will be eligible for AIQ 50% seats. These candidates have to submit a duly signed affidavit which declare that they have been nominated by the Government of India under the above-mentioned category. This affidavit has to be sent to the following address along with a printout of acknowledgement of NEET PG 2020 application form latest by November 30, 2019 in order to fulfill the eligibility criteria of NEET PG
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Foreign Medical Graduates
- NBE has declared the below-mentioned NEET PG 2020 eligibility criteria for those Indian citizens or Overseas citizens who have pursued their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical colleges that are outside India territory.
- FMG candidates have to mandatorily pass NBE conducted Forieng Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) (Screening Test).
- Medical graduates from foreign must be registered with MCI/SMC
- The internship requirement for FMG candidates, as per eligibility criteria of NEET PG, is the same as mentioned above for overall candidates
- On the day of conduction of NEET PG 2020, FMG candidates are required to bring along their FMGE Pass Certificate issued by NBE.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
- On the basis of NEET PG 2020 result, the eligible candidates can participate in the counselling process. Directorate General of Health Science (DGHS) and Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will facilitate the process for 50% All India Quota seats. For the remaining 50% seats, counselling will be done by State authorities. Final admission will be based on NEET PG score, choice-filled and number of seats available.
- The candidates must keep ready all the relevant documents, as the competent authority will verify all the original documents during the counselling process. If anyone failed to produce relevant documents then his/her candidature shall liable to be cancelled. Admission will be allotted to the students purely on the basis of merit.